Accordingly, the development of social networks has become very important for people in the last decade. This concept is equally important for organizations, academics and businesses with the ability to build social networks for effective knowledge sharing, encourage innovation and support the participants. In essence, social networks create and maintain social capital. Taking into account that human capital are the knowledge and skills possessed by the people, while cultural capital is a social practice, social capital manifested in relationships and community membership, as well as in possible resources obtained in the result of any such dealings. Thus, theoretically, the more social capital that exists in the network, the more knowledge, access to resources, and capacity for innovation.
The benefits of using social networking in education we highlight the following:
- the familiarity of the interface and the most communicative environment for students saves time for adaptation of students to the new educational space;
- many resources are free, nevertheless, have significant functionality for the implementation of educational tasks;
- the functionality of social services allows not only to store but also to create and share digital content; eventually, students participate in the process of creating and sharing knowledge;
- multimedia capabilities video, audio, interactive social services significantly enhance the presentation of educational material;
- learning activities in social networks contributes to the development of learning motives associated with self-realization, self-expression, fear of failure, the motives of prosocial behavior;
- the technology forums, blogs, wikis, other Web 2.0 tools allows students to independently or collaboratively create learning material, which in turn, stimulates independent cognitive activity, facilitating involvement of students in the educational process, develops critical thinking, reflection, etc.;
- learning through social networks allows to form students twenty-first century, skills related to the ability to not only find information but also to process it and based on it create a new one;
- support of training among social services allows to go beyond formal classroom or audience, and to expand educational space, providing pedagogical support extracurricular time.
The benefit of the usage of networks that are social, within our watch, is the fact that be feasible methods and fresh pedagogical designs. One technique that is such may be electronic content’s combined development. Function that is such may take position between students and instructor and among pupils. Used, nevertheless, the part of the pupil and also the instructor can. This system enables to arrange learning process by which a change is of importance towards the learning procedure in the understanding result.
Another training technique that is essential may be the improvement of abilities in understanding that is every day. The requirement for that improvement understanding that was casual continues to be repeatedly pressured in the state files as well as in standard documents of Europe. Therefore, among the crucial instructions within improvement of education until 2020 technique, named the improvement of low casual and official advertising training.
This can be a fairly new model of skilled improvement that explain the numerous various types of understanding happening separately of the applications underneath the assistance of academics, including reading, home research, supplies and methods to aid the effectiveness, training, involvement in network learning areas.
Low training that is official differs, versatile in types and organization of the program that is academic, centered on pursuits and the particular requirements of students who’re displaying indications of business, complementarity of the data acquired to the training of guy in relation.
Training that is casual describes a person academic actions that are individual, associating low and the everyday life focused.
Low official (NFE) and casual (FFI) has got the subsequent, NFO, IFO, typically takes place outside academic institutions, including divisions and corporate instruction; – the FLN and IPV don’t usually follow a collection routine, and frequently began abruptly and occurs from time to time, required or regarding the any occasion; – the FLN and IPV immediately associated with this content and circulation of everyday life and function.
In our opinion, non-formal or informal learning strategy, using social networking can be expressed through:
- Training from different perspectives: social networks support the exchange of ideas, and also helps to find likeminded people. They also help to simplify the creation of links between people with similar interests.
- Self-organization and collaborative learning: social networking tools contribute to the creation of a personal educational environment for training of their authors. Although this does not create a unified learning style, students are not alone and can get feedback.
- Digital learning: through regular reading of the wiki, forums or blogs newcomers have the opportunity to learn from experts outside the geographic and thematic borders.
- Blogs and collaborative learning tools contribute to the development of learning ability (“ability to learn”): through his own thoughts and reflections content becomes available for evaluation and for further development.
- Social networks support the reflective letter: the social networks used simple, but effective and reliable coding standards, allowing to model the flows of content, feedback and monitoring procedures.
As a conclusion it should be noted that social networking in education contribute to a more rapid establishment and wider spread of knowledge by overcoming geographic or other boundaries, use of digital multimedia content, but also by new teaching learning strategies in the framework of non-formal and informal learning. Some of these promising strategies are models of MOOC – massive online open courses and Peer-support. Revealing the conditions of efficiency of application of such models is the aim of our further research.